Questions To Ask Yourself
If you’re still unsure of what you current situation really is; and you still haven’t consulted with a Divorce Attorney; then you need to think seriously about your answers to these questions:
- Do you remember a time when your marriage was different and, if so, was it a happier time? If your answer is yes to this, then spend a while remembering those early days and noting the differences. Ask yourself if everything that made you happy has changed for the worse and no longer exists.
- The next question you need to ask yourself is if you are actually doing anything to help cause the breakdown of your marriage? Remember – it takes two. If the answer to this question is yes, then identify what you’re doing wrong and why you’re doing it? Is it to get even with your Spouse or is it because things are so bad you don’t care if you’re not helping the situation?
- When did it all go wrong? If you had to make a list of the reasons why, do you know what would be on the list? Is it just a series of circumstances which evolved over a period of time and were never dealt with, or is there a definite reason which caused it all to fall apart like a house of cards?
- Has the thought of going to see a Divorce Attorney crossed your mind more than once or twice since your marriage begin its decline from happy times? If you find the answer is yes but you’ve shrugged it off feeling guilty and that you might think about it later – it’s already long overdue that you make the appointment.
- In its current state of deterioration, is the cost of staying together too high to pay? This is not about finances only but more from an emotional, physical or intellectual point of view. If you find that the price is too heavy with pain and suffering, and is pulling you further down, then you have to do something about it, and the first step is to see a Divorce Attorney.
- Whatever you and your Spouse fight about; look at the damage it’s doing and ask yourself – Is it worth it? Are these issues so important to you that they are worth breaking up your marriage? If your answer is Yes then you are already late in doing something about ending your marriage and should have seen a Divorce Attorney a long time ago.
- Did you ever stop and make a list of your expectations before your got married? No? What did you want out of this marriage? What did you expect from your Spouse?
This is now the time to do it! Ask your Spouse to do the same and compare the lists. If you find those expectations are poles apart then it’s definitely time to wake up and break up. The word Divorce has moved to the top of the list.
If you’ve answered Yes to more than one of the above then your divorce is long overdue – probably by several years. Sad though it may feel to consider calling it quits, it’s time to prepare for the inevitable.
Go and consult with the best Specialist Divorce Attorney you can afford. It will be an investment rather than an expenditure, and an intelligent move on your part.